Commitment, expertise and sustainability – these are all values that mark us out as a family-run business. How we think and act is shaped by our owner, the Princely House of Liechtenstein, and its 900 years of tradition and entrepreneurial experience.
We appreciate the value of traditions and firm beliefs and know how important it is to share these with other people. We also know that it is values such as respect and a sense of responsibility that create trust and bring people together in an uncertain world.
As a Senior Data Modeler, you are responsible for the successful translation of business needs into long-term data models to provide an understandable, reliable and scalable data foundation for cutting edge data products and services. Your specific duties include:
- Engage the business users to assess their information needs, review the business processes and conceptualize the entities that interoperate within the business process
- Create conceptual data models to identify key business entities and visualize their relationships and validate the models to ensure that it serves the needs of the business application and its clients
- Collaborate with the Data Governance, Information Management, Business Intelligence and Analytics teams on creating optimized, reusable semantic models, complete with metadata and lineage information
- Transform the logical representation of the model into a physical representation and work with application owners and database administrators to instantiate and manage the data
- Support interdisciplinary, agile teams through all project phases including knowledge transition phase
- Present and communicate modeling results and recommendations to internal stakeholders
- Analyze data-related system integration challenges and propose appropriate solutions with strategic approach
- You have a bachelor’s degree or higher education in Management Information Systems, Computer Science, Computer Information Systems, Information or Data Science, Engineering or equivalent field of study or equivalent combination of training and experience
- Proficient in industry standard techniques for data modeling, In depth knowledge of modeling methodologies and techniques
- Hands-on experience with various modeling styles (E/R, OO, RDF, OWL, etc.), and tool-set (Protégé, etc.)
- Data modeling and ontology methods for Conceptual, Logical modeling and familiar with design considerations for designing database and message schemas.
- Background in the financial services industry, Private Banking preferred
- Avaloq Knowhow is a plus
- Excellent communication and presentation skills, strong collaboration and problem-solving abilities
- You are comfortable working in a fast-paced, autonomous, and ambiguous environment
LGT's success is based on its core values, the Group-wide and partnership-based cooperation of entrepreneurial teams and a flat hierarchy with short decision-making paths. LGT's continued growth opens up long-term personal and professional development opportunities in a challenging and dynamic environment.
Become part of a family – not just a company.
For further information please contact our HR Business Partner.
LGT Financial Services AG